On Wednesday we took Adelaide back to her pediatrician to follow up on her right ear infection. Everything was fine. Then she didn't feel too great that evening, but we figured she was coming down with the cold I have. Yesterday evening she started running a fever, but we gave her some tylenol which helped the fever, but she was incredibly fussy. I kept her head elevated through out the night because the mucous made her cough a lot when she was on her back. The fever was gone this morning so she went to daycare, but by 4:50 the fever was up around 100. So we took her to the after hours pediatrician at 6:00. By then her fever was 100.9, but she was in great spirits. If it weren't for the glassy eyes and full nose you wouldn't expect she was sick. Guess what, her right ear drum was bright red. Another ear infection...or perhaps the first one just lingered around waiting for her to catch my cold before it reared its ugly head again.
So, please wish us luck that the stronger medicine she's on now will work. And please keep your fingers crossed that I get some sleep tonight and this weekend - Ian and Hank slept just fine last night so send all your good vibes to Adelaide and me. Just joking. I might not be able to post anything until next week, but I'll try.
4 comments:
Poor babies (both Adelaide and Katie). I hope that you get some much needed sleep and that the new Rx clears it all the way up. Take a nap tomorrow if you don't get good sleep tonight. Ian and Hank can babysit!
Judi
Ditto to Judi's comment. You guys rest! Put your UGA shirt on Baby Girl and let the Big Dawg eat! When you are old enough, I'll take you to meet 90,000 of my closest friends.
Hugs, kisses , and get-well wishes from Georgia!!!!
Sorry to hear about the return of the ear infection. We're thinking about you, little one.
Post a Comment