Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy 11/12th Birthday WiniBean!



Our dear Winifred is eleven months old today! Woohoooooooooo! Such an exciting last month, too. I hesitate to call her a walker/toddler because she will only take a step or two before stopping, and really prefers to just cruise or crawl, but boy is she fast. She has mastered the stairs and both girls had a blast going up together last night. So much giggling.

Wini also has moved towards calling me Mom, unless she has fallen or bonked herself and then it is definitely Mamamamamamamamama. We're still having trouble getting Wini in bed before 9pm, and then she'll wake back up at 11:30 and then I'm just hoping to get a few solid winks before the sun rises. She is cutting two more top teeth, and maybe a few on the bottom, but we are past the stage where she will let me put my finger in her mouth. She's definitely trying out biting (me and Ian) and pulling hair (Adelaide), but we're working with her to curb that, and Adelaide is very patient.

Puzzles are the favorite toy these days. And everyone participates. Wini is really good at grabbing newly joined pieces and throwing them around, or sitting in the middle of the puzzle looking cute. I have always been a fan at puzzles, and Adelaide has already mastered the Dora, Princess, Fairies, and Winnie the Pooh puzzles. And Wini is getting pretty good at not putting the pieces in her mouth.

WiniBean is just now starting to get interested in books for substance, not just sustenance. For the past six months little Wini has shoved anything and everything into her mouth, resulting in both top front teeth being chipped. Her favorite thing to gnaw was/is books. Delicious, pulpy books. But last night I saw her flipping through an Animal on the Farm book and it really looked like she was reading it. (Ian if you are reading this, you might want to move the second row of library books - she was grabbing at them yesterday)

I hope to get a good picture of her tonight, but boyhowdy does she wiggle.

2 comments:

Nana Suzie said...

Happy 11/12th Birthday, precious WiniBean!
Oh, how I love you and miss you!!!!

Grampa Jack said...

Wonderful progress and growth. So good to hear. I did manage to get into the site, but Martha doesn't seem to have been invited, or Google has lost record of her having been invited. Can you send another invitation. Google doesn't seem to like the fact that we have two google addresses (one through Bucknell and one through the Blog). Love to all.