Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Settling in...

Soon I'll post about our 7 day road trip from Illinois to Vancouver. (Note to self: Peoria, IL food horror -> Omaha, NE (hotel locale = crotch of NE) -> South Dakota (nice people) -> Wall Drug and Badlands -> Black Hills National Forest -> Sheridan, WY -> Missoula, MT -> Seattle (old friends) -> easiest border crossing ever on an early Tuesday morning -> hotel campout for a long week -> moving into new 800sf apartment -> waiting on our moving truck for a week and IKEA visits -> still unpacking -> daycamp desperation). We gained about 12 pounds each on the trip. Sitting for hours and eating horrible food for a week and THEN experiencing great sushi next door to the hotel was unkind to our waists, but we're in the right city to increase our metabolism.



Currently all is well. Things are still crazy, but the girls are having a blast and are closer than ever. We've made friends with several families in the neighborhood and we love how close our apartment is to campus, parks, forests, beaches, mountains. I'm overwhelmed with so many options, but still limited since I'm still trying to unpack, set up a home, and raise our girls. So our life is super hectic right now as we try and sort things out. And I need a smaller vehicle.

No comments: