Saturday, March 21, 2009

Exhausting week



Adelaide was diagnosed with double ear infections this past Monday night. Her pattern of getting sick, getting better and then coming down with ear infections continues. She's no longer sleeping soundly through the night and likes to wake up at 10:30 (just as her parents are going to sleep) and scream until she is cozy next to mommy. These days I get about 1/4 of the mattress real estate I'm allocated and 1/4 of the sleep I really need to function.

New this week: she's pulling herself up to standing and stood unassisted for 3-5 seconds before I got scared and picked her up.

Ian swears that she tried to say "frog" and was semi-successful.

And she can use a spoon.



Kind of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adelaide,what a big girl you are!!!!
I love you!
Nana Suzie

Anonymous said...

Now who's a clever girl! I could eat YOU with a spoon!!
Love you a heapin' spoonful!
Granmama Martha

Anonymous said...

We got in that same pattern around 11 months. Joshua's ears were so bad that it actually delayed him talking (he couldnt hear). It was so surprising to me since we didnt have any problems until then.

I was nervous about getting ear tubes, but my joke, now: next kid I hope comes with them pre-installed :)