Croup is just awful. Awful on the baby. Awful on the parents. By Sunday morning (day 4) it had gotten considerably worse and we took her back to the pediatrician. She was prescribed two more doses of the same steroid. The doctor said that we were the definition of heroic parenting which made us feel better. By Monday afternoon she was feeling much better. 4am is still a little rough on everyone, but the croup seems to be moving out. We kept her out of daycare this week. I did not wish to further spread croup and have any of the other parents suffer through Christmas. Consider this my gift to them.
The grandparents arrive today and, as expected, the house is not cleaned to my usual "guests are coming" expectations, but we've dusted, watered the plants, salted the walks, and done as much laundry as possible. Luckily the grandparents will be here to entertain Adelaide so Ian and I can sweep, vacuum, enjoy a cup of coffee and take some much needed naps. I didn't nap much until I became a mom. Now I view them as a luxury. Adelaide and I take great naps together. Ian benefits from our nap times because he gets a ton of writing done. Hank has always enjoyed nap time unless the UPS truck stops outside our house.
So we wish everyone a happy holiday! Stay safe and warm.
2 comments:
Warm wishes to you all as well!
Katie.....Sounds like you and Ian are the best parents ever! I don't think I was nearly as patient and positive as you seem to be. Adelaide appears happy no matter what the circumstance.....a characteristic that will carry her far! Still hope to see her before she starts to school :) Looking forward to Christmas pics! Love you! Janice
Post a Comment