I'm so jealous. She been saying dadadadada for almost 2 weeks now and not one mama. Ian swears she's calling him by name. She's becoming quite vocal now. I'm not sure if she's learning this at daycare or just taking after her mama. Either way, she's loud but still totally adorable. She's starting to push up on all fours and we expect that she'll be ready to start crawling before Christmas. I guess I should finish childproofing the house.
Eating: She had an adverse reaction to rice cereal but seems to like oatmeal cereal. Didn't appreciate sweet potatoes or peas but likes carrots. I wonder if beet puree will stain her entire face. I think I'll introduce green beans soon. Delicious.
We've started using cloth diapers and I like them much better than disposables. There is a certain ick factor doing the laundry, but I got over that pretty quickly. The only downside is that we had to go up a pant size.
Here's a short video of Lima Bean saying dada. Enjoy!
4 comments:
Precious!!!!!!!!!!1
Are you sure she's not saying, "Nana"?
If I can't give you a hug SOON, honey child, I am just going to pop! You've got Daddy very firmly wrapped around that little finger now - better start working on Mama! Roll on Christmas and the gathering of the clan!I love you,
Grandmama Hill
I'm sure you've read this somewhere already, but developmentally it's MUCH more difficult for infants to make their tongues say M sounds - Ds are super-easy & nearly always come first. Tell Ian that he should help make his kid smarter than all the other ones & practice the Ms more than the Ds. :-)
Not to worry little one, with 4 Grandparents and an Uncle around over the Holidays, getting those Ms, and lots of crawling down pat, should be no problem! Can't wait too see you.
Post a Comment